Hotel Ranchi Ashok P.O. Doranda Ranchi
834 002 Jharkhand
ITDC came into existence in October 1966 and has been the prime mover in the progressive development, promotion and expansion of tourism in the country. Broadly, the main objectives of the Corporation are:
To construct, take over and manage existing hotels and market hotels, Beach Resorts, Travellers’ Lodges/Restaurants
To provide transport, entertainment, shopping and conventional services;
To produce, distribute, tourist publicity material;
To render consultancy-cum-managerial services in India and abroad;
To carry on the business as Full-Fledged Money Changers (FFMC), restricted money changers etc;
To provide innovating, dependable and value for money solutions to the needs of tourism development and engineering industry including providing consultancy and project implementation.
The Corporation is running hotels, restaurants at various places for tourists, besides providing transport facilities. In addition, the Corporation is engaged in production, distribution and sale of tourist publicity literature and providing entertainment and duty free shopping facilities to the tourists. The Corporation has diversified into new avenues/innovative services like Full-Fledged Money Changer (FFMC) services, engineering related consultancy services etc. The Ashok Institute of Hospitality & Tourism Management of the Corporation imparts training and education in the field of tourism and hospitality.
Presently, ITDC has a network of eight Ashok Group of Hotels, five Joint Venture Hotels, 1 Restaurant, 11 Transport Units, one Tourist Service Station, 9 Duty Free Shops at airports and seaports and two Sound & Light Shows
Besides, ITDC is also managing a hotel at Bharatpur and a restaurant at Kosi on behalf of the Department of Tourism. In addition, it is also managing catering services at Western Court, Vigyan Bhawan and Hyderabad House, New Delhi.
Jaduguda Mines P.O.
832 102 Jharkhand
Uranium Corporation of India Limited was incorporated on 4th October 1967. Uranium Corporation of India Limited is a Public Sector Enterprise under the Department of Atomic Energy. UCIL is at the forefront of the Nuclear Power cycle. Fulfilling the requirement of Uranium for the Pressurised Heavy Water Reactors, UCIL plays a very significant role inIndia’s nuclear power generation programmed. UCIL is an ISO 9001, 14001 18001 company and has adopted the latest state of the art technology for its mines and process plant. It had an annual turnover of about Rs 304 Crores in the financial year 2007-08.
Central Coalfields Limited – The Historical March
Central Coalfields Limited is a Category-I Mini-Ratna Company since October 2007. During 2009-10, coal production of the company reached its highest-ever figure of 47.08 million tones, with net worth amounting to Rs. 2644 crore against a paid-up capital of Rs. 940 crore.
Formed on 1st November 1975, CCL (formerly National Coal Development Corporation Ltd) was one of the five subsidiaries of Coal India Ltd. which was the first holding company for coal in the country (CIL now has 8 subsidiaries).
Koyla Bhawan, Koyla Nagar
BCCL is a Public Sector Undertaking engaged in mining of coal and allied activities. It occupies an important place in as much as it produces bulk of the coking coal mined in the country. BCCL meets almost 50% of the total prime coking coal requirement of the integrated steel sector. BCCL was incorporated in January, 1972 to operate coking coal mines operating in the Jharia & Raniganj Coalfields, taken over by the Govt. of India on 16th Oct,1971 to ensure planned development of the scarce coking coal resources in the country.
Vivekananda Path,P.O. Doranda
Ranchi-834 002 Jharkhand
Gondwana Place, Kanke Road
Ranchi 834 031 Jharkhand
- CMPDI incorporated as a subsidiary of CIL with four regional institutes at Asansol (Rl-l), Dhanbad (Rl-II), Ranchi (Rl-lll) & Nagpur (RI-IV)
- Preparation of Project Black Diamond – ten years perspective plan of coal.
- Identification and creation of total resource base for exploration and exploitation to enable CIL achieve a quantum jump in production.
- CMPDI becomes nodal agency for co-ordinating & monitoring R&D activities in coal sector
- Establishment at RI-V at Bilaspur & Rl-VI at Singrauli
- Rapid loading system with MGR (6000 tph) planned by CMPDI introduced at Jayant OCP, NCL
- Opencast mines with rope shovels of 10 Cum and RD 85T planned and started
- Development & indigenisation of modern exploration technology
- Introduced intermediate technology employing SDL/LHD in underground mines
- Establishment of RI-Vll at Bhubaneswar
- Special Smokeless Fuel (SSF) technology patented
- Introduction of Satellite Remote Sensing Application in Coal industry
- Advance EMPs for major coalfields planned
- Non-Destructive Testing set up established.
- Opencast mines with rope shovels of 20 Cum & RD 170T planned and started
- First non-coking coal washery at Bina, NCL planned and commissioned
- Operational planning for major mines started
- Earth Science Museum opened at Ranchi
- Turn Key construction of Bharatpur CHP (3.5 Mty), MCL
- Network of Environment Labs established. Received accreditation from Central Pollution Control Board
- First ever major overseas consultancy assignment in Tanzania
- LAN established at CMPDI (HQ), Ranchi
- Introduction of non-coring drilling with geophysical logging
- Introduction of In-seam seismic survey
- Mine planning through MINEX software introduced
- ISO 9001 certification obtained for CMPDl’s services
- Diversified into Management System Consultancy
- ‘Vision Coal 2025′ Draft document prepared on behalf of MoC
- The ISO certification was upgraded to ISO-9001:2000
- A project Integrated Coal Resources Information System (ICRIS) taken up under the Scheme of Promotional Exploration of coal and lignite to create coal resource database as per the UN International Framework Classification guidelines
- Project on ‘e-information centre on coal and lignite’ under R&D programme of Coal India Ltd. started
- Delineation of seven prospective CBM blocks and preparation of their data package for Directorate General of Hydrocarbons
- Implementing agency on behalf of CIL for collaborative development of CBM prospects in Jharia & Raniganj coalfields by the consortium of CIL & ONGC
- Conferred with the status of a Mini Ratna (Category-II) company in May 2009
- Obtained the Highest MoU rating with a Composite MoU Score of 1.0 (maximum) for the year 2009-10.
- Adjudged the Best performing Subsidiary Company of CIL for the year 2008-09 as per MoU rating.
- India CMM/CBM Clearinghouse was established in CMPDI, Ranchi, Jharkhand in November 2008 at the instance of MoC under the aegis of MoC and USEPA
- Awarded the Commendation Certificate of SCOPE Meritorious Award for R&D, Technology Development & Innovation for the year 2009-10
- MoU with Survey of India for Topographical Mapping in July, 2009
- Laboratory testing facilities for resin and cement capsules (approved by DGMS) established.
- Established state-of-the-art CBM Lab in 2008 for conducting CBM related studies
- Prepared Model Bid document for construction of washery on Built-Operate-Maintain (BOM) basis
- Prepared Standardised Global Bid for Mass Production technology in underground mines
- E-Library established at CMPDI during 2008-09
- Planning of 50 Mty OC mine for SECL at Kusmunda which is the largest mine planned in India till date
- Major consultancy works in metal mining sector for Manganese Ore (India) Ltd., Hindustan Copper Ltd., Hutti Gold Mines Co. Ltd., etc. taken up
- Successfully implemented the UNDP/GEF/GoI funded CBM/CMM recovery and utilisation demonstration project at Moonidih mine of BCCL
- Monitoring of land use in large opencast mines of CIL by remote sensing started
- Interconnection of all Regional Institutes (RIs) with HQ, Ranchi established through MPRL system/li>
- Crossed the target of 4 lakh metre drilling in a year with outsourcing during 2009-10 for the first time
- High Capacity Hydro-static Drills introduced for faster rate of drilling
- Peak productivity of 1464 metre achieved by a Hydrostatic drill (CT-1) during the month of March, 2012 which is the highest productivity achieved in coring drilling in the country
- Guidelines for preparation of Mine Closure for adoption by coal companies prepared
- Coal resources and reserves of CIL classified as per the United Nations Framework Classification (UNFC).
- Captured Coal Resource data of the country in digital form to create a data base on all the coalfields of India as part of project entitled Integrated Coal Resource Information System (ICRIS)
- Draft assessment reports prepared for Delineation of prospective CBM blocks for their award under CBM Round-V for commercial development by Directorate General of Hydrocarbons (DGH) through International competitive bidding and Delineation of prospective areas for shale gas resource in Damodar Valley and Sohagpur Basins
- Received Geospatial World Excellence Award 2012 in recognition of excellent usage of Geospatial technology for Land Reclamation Monitoring of Coal Mines